AA home emergency
Information, tips and advice on all aspects of home and buildings insurance

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
doorhandle
Apprentice
Apprentice

AA home emergency

by doorhandle » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:03 pm

telephoned AA emergency last night, key stuck in lock of main door,couldnt lock front door. After arguing with them, as they said I wasnt covered, they eventually sent a locksmith out. He didnt want to fix the door lock,as it was 11 oclock at night, he said it was probably the mechanism, so he clamped it shut with plastic clamps.
I have been left with door clamps, key still stuck in lock, we cant go out of the front door and leave the house ,as we cant lock the door from the outside. We have to go through 2 other properties and 3 gates so we can get into the house via the rear door.
We cant lock the front door, the insurance say that they have made the door secure, and it is now my responsability to get the door lock/ mechanism fixed.
Are they allowed to do this..my home insurance says I have to have a 5 lever lock on the main door, well I have only 2 plastic clamps between my family and the bad world outside.
AA Home emergency cover is not worth the paper it is written on.
Any advice anyone?

hazelg
Labourer
Labourer

AA Emergency

by hazelg » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:47 am

Can identify with your post! Because of the severe weather we've been having in N Ireland we had three burst pipes in the utility space in the garage and at an outside tap. Phoned AA. After humming and haing, said this was not an emergency. Speechless! How do they define emergency? Husband asked if the washing machine had been in the kitchen, would that be an emergency? Said yes. Where's the difference? AGree, not worth the paper it's written on. Info from AA says they cover burst pipes. No, They don't.

AmyFord
Labourer
Labourer

by AmyFord » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Hello, I am a researcher for a BBC programme, please could you get in touch with me on 02920 322983?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:01 pm