Blue Screen Of Death
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
big
Labourer
Labourer

Blue Screen Of Death

by big » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Can any one help? When booting up my computer i get a BSOD ,saying DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL. I have not installed any new hardware or software. Thanks Bob.

zeroms
Labourer
Labourer

by zeroms » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi Bob,

Has anything changed in the bios of your computer?

You could try using "load system defaults" in your bios.

IRQ are interrupt requests assigned to hardware, I would imagine there is a conflict somewhere, either that or you've had some sort of power cut/surge which has caused damage to some hardware.

Hope this helps

Craig

Paff
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Blue Screen Of Death

by Paff » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:45 pm

[quote]Can any one help? When booting up my computer i get a BSOD ,saying DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL. I have not installed any new hardware or software. Thanks Bob.[/quote]

Could be a faulty RAM module(s).

Can you start windoze if you try again or is it BSOD everytime?

If so windoze has a Memory Testing program that will over night thrash hell out of your RAM and tell you if faulty.

:)

Allwire
Labourer
Labourer

by Allwire » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Hi, is there a very strange looking bunch of numbers and letters i.e 00000adef03x0 there by any chance? or any futher indication of the driver at fault? You can reinstall windows over the top of you current installation without losing your configration, just install the disc boot up and on the second offer of repair your installation run install from there, make sure it asks if you want to repair for second time if not do not format the hard drive, cancel the install process if it get that far.

Hope that helps

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:32 am