Do I need an additional AAV ??
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Potwashman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do I need an additional AAV ??

by Potwashman » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi, having a new Boiler fitted next weekend in same position as old one (bathroom 1st floor).

The pipes go from boiler upto the loft (about 3tf higher than boiler). Will the AAV that is fitted on the boiler be sufficient to vent the air or would it be advisable to fit an additional AAV in the flow pipe of the CH in the loft as this is the highest point of the system.

I need to move some pipework in the loft in preparation for the Engineer fitting so if it's advisable I would fit another AAV at the same time.

Also, any suggestions at to what type as if the AAV starts to weep in a boiler it can easily be spotted but in a loft it's going to take a nice damp spot to notice it's failed.

Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:59 pm

The only person that can reasonably answer this question is your boiler installer.

Cheers

Nishadhawa
Labourer
Labourer

Happy to be a part of this Site

by Nishadhawa » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi,
I am quite impressed with this site and the contributions. I am happy that I am part of this site and I wish to contribute regularly.
Thanks

Cheesie1
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Do I need an additional AAV ??

by Cheesie1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:08 pm

no harm in fitting an extra air vent, if ur worried about failure, fit a manual one instead of auto air vent, u can vent it manually if required without the worry of it failing and leaking.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1