Is this Thermalite?
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Frank1985
Labourer
Labourer

Is this Thermalite?

by Frank1985 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:00 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking to hang some musical instruments up on my neighbouring partition wall but am trying to determine whether it's Thermalite or maybe breeze block? It's a very fine grain, and I can easily poke a hole through it with a screwdriver. So I'm not sure if it's one of the two aforementioned blocks, or maybe brick work with an ultra thick layer of concrete covering it. My house is a semi detached built around 1920. If I can determine what type of brick work it is I can buy the appropriate fixings (Twistfix plugs for Thermalite)

https://postlmg.cc/Yjfb6CVd

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Is this Thermalite?

by stoneyboy » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:45 pm

Hi frank1985,
In view of the age of your property it is unlikely to be thermalite. Unless the wall has been replaced or partly rebuilt in more recent times. I suggest you try different fixings to see how well they hold, a lot will depend on the weight of the items you are fixing. Ultimately if none of your fixings work you will have to use one of the anchor fix products.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:10 am