Log Storage Build Help Needed
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
LeeMills77
Labourer
Labourer

Log Storage Build Help Needed

by LeeMills77 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:26 am

Hi all,

I have an area in the back garden which I'm going to use for storing fire wood. It's a decent size - it's on a concrete block which is 7 foot wide, 4 foot deep and I have 5 foot of height to play with.

I would prefer to build my own than rather pay somebody to building something. However, I've never done anything like this before and not sure where to start.

I'm going to put plans together but can anybody offer any suggestions on the kinds of wood to use for the different parts of the build, and things like the build process etc?

I'm going to have a look online on how to build this but if anybody has any ideas on how to build this, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks for reading,

Lee.

thedoctor

Re: Log Storage Build Help Needed

by thedoctor » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:18 pm

Hi

There are many different ways to build a log store using many different techniques. One easy straight forward method is to use the Simpsons Strongtie work bench kit as it includes all the brackets and all you need to add is the timber.

An example of using the kit to build a workbench can be seen here in our workbench project: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/h ... helves.htm

Constructing a log store is pretty much the same process

Hoipe this helps

GuadalupeTodd
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Log Storage Build Help Needed

by GuadalupeTodd » Tue May 23, 2023 12:47 am

Building your own log storage sounds like a fun project! For the different parts of the build, you'll want to choose wood that's durable and resistant to weather conditions. Cedar and pressure-treated lumber are popular choices for outdoor projects like this. As for the build process, there are plenty of resources online that can guide you through each step.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:48 am