Replacing casement windows and structural effects
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bob341
Labourer
Labourer

Replacing casement windows and structural effects

by Bob341 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:37 am

Can I change my current window without affecting it structurally? I still want inward opening casement windows but I want one with only one key locking handle to lock to the mullion on each side, I want to remove the top fixed window so I have 2 long panes on each sides, windows that make no sound when opening (currently mine makes this bouncing sound as it has nothing to soften gravity's pull) and I want internal blinds with triple glazing, I live in a block of flats and not in a listed building or a conservation area but I want no reason for the council to say no.
Attachments
Windows.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Replacing casement windows and structural effects

by stoneyboy » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:00 pm

Hi bob341,
If you building is less than 30/40 years old it is unlikely that the windows would be a structural element - you replacement window company should be able to advise.
The change to not having false fanlights should not present a problem with your local council.
Having one central locking handle may not be possible with such tall, inward opening triple glazed windows - again talk to your window supplier.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:43 am