Shed base advice
Questions answered and a range of solutions on problems and issues encountered with timber framed buildings

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
richjturner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shed base advice

by richjturner » Sun May 08, 2022 11:29 am

Hi,

I've just ordered a 14x6 Power Pent Shed https://www.powersheds.com/security-she ... ity-sheds/ which I'm going to instal in the gap between our house and next door. I also ordered the shed base kit from them https://www.powersheds.com/garden-sheds/shed-base/

The gap between the houses is half concrete path and half mud so, along the length of the shed, one side will be fully supported and the other will be staked in using the base kit plus I'll get some breeze blocks. I'm reasonably confident that using the base in this situation will be enough to provide a solid foundation, is that fair? I've been quoted £1500 to concrete the rest and I really don't want to do it unless it's absolutely essential.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Shed base advice

by stoneyboy » Mon May 09, 2022 11:52 pm

Hi richjturner,
Presumably you will be making the base level so on the concrete path bit you could use rapid setting render mix for thin areas, quarry tiles bedded on the same mix for a deeper bed and on the grass area bury 100mm concrete blocks to give the same level. Ditch the spikes supplied - in time they will rot.
Regards S

richjturner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Shed base advice

by richjturner » Tue May 10, 2022 6:17 am

Hi @stoneboy thanks for the reply. The path slopes so I was planning to use breeze blocks at the uphill end and probably hollow concrete blocks at the the downhill end to level it. I had planned to use those in combination with the wooden stakes but if they're going to rot is it worth getting metal stakes instead maybe? Or maybe Jouplast decking risers?

Do you mean to use quarry tiles throughout or just on the downhill end? They won't be deep enough to level the slope.

Thanks so much,

Rich

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:36 am