telecoms
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ardencaple
Apprentice
Apprentice

telecoms

by ardencaple » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:20 pm

my BT telephone cable enters the roof space where there is a junction box,we have three cables exiting to various telephone sockets,my computer is off one of them.
the reason i'am asking this question is that i heard that the broadband signal is reduced if two many outputs are used.and i'am having problems with my internet connection dropping out,i have to reinstall my software for the wireless router often to reastablish my connection.
regards from Mike

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi
surprised any phones work with that set up!
you need a 'Z-blocker asdl filter/splitter' from master phone socket.
Phone in one outlet, cable to router in other, which I am sure you must already have.
All other phones must link from master sockot splitter NOT by teeing them off one line.

ardencaple
Apprentice
Apprentice

telecoms

by ardencaple » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:27 pm

[quote="sparx"]Hi
surprised any phones work with that set up!
you need a 'Z-blocker asdl filter/splitter' from master phone socket.
Phone in one outlet, cable to router in other, which I am sure you must already have.
All other phones must link from master sockot splitter NOT by teeing them off one line.[/quote]

thanks for the information i will disconnect the two lines running off to the telephones and then reconnect each in series from the splitter box.
have i got it?
Mike

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:32 pm

yup, 1st one is BT master skt which goes to the splitter the others loop on to 'slave' outlets.
spx

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:23 am