plaster & dry lining
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
L&A
Apprentice
Apprentice

plaster & dry lining

by L&A » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:59 am

Hi, I would like to overboard my ceiling, if I use tapered boards and fill the joints successfully can I just emulsion the lot or do I have to skim it with plaster first?  I have several to do so it would be helpful if I could eliminate the plaster. 

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi L&A,
it is okay to do it that way, it will take probally three application of jointing compond to fill out the joints and a gentle sand after each application has dried before you apply the next, then after the last application has dried go over again sanding so all joints and edges are smooth and level. You will also need to spot the screws a couple of times too and they will also need to be sanded. Makes sure your screws are counter sunk into board otherwise you end up with lines and bumps when you spot them.
You can also do this with square edge boards too but tapered edge are the best for this type of work. The bigger the board you use the better as less joints to work on. I try always to use 8x4 footers (2400mmx1200mm) Use a good contract base coat on first application of paint.
Good Luck hope this was the info you was after.
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:31 am