Condensation/damp in bathroom
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Butterfly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Condensation/damp in bathroom

by Butterfly » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:30 am

I have successfully removed the black mould and a dehumidifier does help to dry out the damp bathroom plasterboard wall after showering, however I am still experiencing a lot of condensation when I take a shower, despite a 4" humidistat fan. My electrician advised this size fan should be adequate, however he did mention that a 6" fan would be more powerful. In your opinion, would fitting a 6" humidistat fan be more successful in removing the amount of condensation or would this be a total waste of money?

I also have a folding shower panel which drips down onto the wooden floor, thus causing damp under the floorboard - is there any way I can rectify this, as far as I can see it is the piece of rubber which is attached to the bottom of the shower panel which doesn't quite keep out the water.

mdpmspitfire
Tradesman
Tradesman

extract fan

by mdpmspitfire » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:27 pm

hi, my view on fitting a 150mm fan is that you get approx 50% more extraction, if the condensating moisure was marginal then it may improve the situation but i dont think it will make much difference. if you cant improve air flow tby maybe opening a window and some warm air movement you may have to consider tiling to protect wall surfaces. your shower panel may need a new seal or the panel may need adjustment. try and keep the panel in the bath slightly. if the seal is worn you may be able to turn it around.
mark

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:41 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:38 am