Three Large Wasp Nests
Post your questions and find answers on all garden related topics and areas

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pug
Apprentice
Apprentice

Three Large Wasp Nests

by pug » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:13 pm

Hi I dont know if i'm in the right Q&A but i thought gardening people are my best bet. I have just cut a loft hatch in my 110 year old roof all is good except for three very large wasp nests. What i need to know are they resident at this time of year or not, can i just remove them if so or is this a job for pest control.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:32 am

I am no expert here, but yesterday whilst in a customer's loft had a very close encounter with a very large wasp in a very enclosed space. Fortunately, I had my blowtorch to hand!

I found out from a sparky afterwards that he had had a similar fright earlier in the week (well thanks for telling me). The customer never thought to warn us as the nest had been removed by pest controllers the previous week after being discovered by some terrified plumbers. (Apparently, one of them ran away and wouldn't come back.)

I would phone a pest controller for advice. Unless the nest is abandoned, some wasps will be hibernating nearby.

pug
Apprentice
Apprentice

by pug » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:56 pm

Many thanks took your advice, pest control on its way next week.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:26 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:33 pm