Help needed ASAP FCU spur from a cooker socket (which cable)
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
norrie#1
Labourer
Labourer

Help needed ASAP FCU spur from a cooker socket (which cable)

by norrie#1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi,

I need to move the old connection switch for my cooker ( within regulations) and replace it with the type that also has a socket. I want to run a spur of this to an FCU to power a new cooker hood. I have been told this is possible but am unsure which size cable to use between the socket and the spur. Without a great deal of work i have no other options for this FCU.

Any advice most welcome.[/code]

kuzz
Ganger
Ganger

by kuzz » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:05 pm

are you going to be running an electric cooker from this circit too? or is the cooker gas?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi,
previous editions of regs have always said that a cooker switch without an inbuilt socket can have 1 single outlet added, so either fit just fan spur OR a unit with socket but not both. However I can't find the equivalent reg in 17th edition!
Cooker circuits are a bit different to standard radial in that diversity of cooker load is taken into account ie not all load on at once so any extra load may cause problems. dropping down a cable size is ok as long as extension no more than 3mtrs until fuse, providing cable protected from damage.
Maybe someone knows where in book cooker circuit appears........
regards SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:16 pm