Water flow noise in hot water cylinder
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nallursiva
Labourer
Labourer

by nallursiva » Sat May 19, 2007 8:47 am

I recently got my whole central heating system changed (replaced the old boiler to a Potterton Suprima, and repositioned the boiler and changed all the radiators as part of building an extension). Now I faced with 3 issues and could some one advice?

1. Getting water flow noise (gurgling sound) whenever the central heating system is switched on

2. Upstairs radiators from time to time (more or less weekly) reqires bleeding to get rid of the air

3. Whenever the hotwater is swiched on the radiators are getting hot too

4. Hot water is getting very hot in the taps

Sorry for the long list as I have already spent over £3000 and worried that whether the whole thing a mess!

Thanks

powerflushman
Apprentice
Apprentice

by powerflushman » Sun May 20, 2007 10:36 pm

Hi need more info ie is the system a closed or open ( is there a seperat tank in the loft for the central heating or is there a gague near the boiler showing pressure? you will know this ref item 2.
But it sounds like there are some instalation problembs, is the firm you used corgi registered? if yes get them to come out to sort the faults, tell them AT NO extra cost to you .! if not then PLEASE report them to corgi and get corgi to come and check the system.
that should get you sorted if not please respond with the answers and I will do my best to help further. :shock:

nallursiva
Labourer
Labourer

by nallursiva » Tue May 22, 2007 8:30 am

Hi
I have a seperate tank in the loft.
Following the avice my Plumber changed the 3 way valve, but still the radiators heat up while hotwater swiched on. What could be the problem? He too is puzzled by this!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1