Wood floor on Concrete Subfloor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sc100
Labourer
Labourer

Wood floor on Concrete Subfloor

by sc100 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Hello all,

I realise there have been a few post about this already, but there seems to be conflicting advise. I'd like to lay a solid wood floor (potentially reclaimed) onto a concrete subfloor. I'm aware the subfloor needs to be level and damproofed, but other than that am unsure whether I need underlay, and how best to attach them. All advise welcome!

Cheers,
Simon

Dan Stewart
Apprentice
Apprentice

fllor adhasive

by Dan Stewart » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi Simon,

We are also in a very similar situation! looking at laying reclaimed flooring probably pitch pine. We have been advised that you can glue the floorboards directly onto the floor? This then acts as the vapour barrier and the adhesive - we have been advised to use sticcabond B52?

We have the problem that the boards we wanted to use (pitch pine) have all been stored outside! Do you know if this is a problem if you acclimatise them indorrs for a period?

Thanks

Dan

flooring123pean
Labourer
Labourer

by flooring123pean » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:57 am

No underlay will be needed. Just get your floors as flat as possible and use a good quality adhesive such as Sikabond T52FC.

Tall Tone
Ganger
Ganger

by Tall Tone » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Sika T52 will not act as a vapour barrier as it is a PU adhesive. Silaine adhesive like Bona R850 will give some protection against moisture but, if moisture is a problem you will need a proper DPM like Bona R410.

Acclimatise the boards in the same room they will be laid, at the same humidity (give or take) for at least a week or two, more if the are very wet.

TT

Zecis
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Zecis » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:59 am

You would really stick wooden boards to concrete???
This is not going to work, the wood expands, contracts and flexes... the concrete remains completely static.

Fix 2x1 battens to the concrete with nails (assuming there is no pipe work under the concrete), then nail the boards at 90 degrees to the battens - get the nails below the surface of the wood using a nail punch, then sand and polish.

Re the boards that have been stored outside... they will take a lot longer than a week to dry out

Adam

lobeznofire
Labourer
Labourer

by lobeznofire » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:34 am

hello al , does anybody know a product effecient to repair a driveway . please can somebody help me ¿? i need to know if this "qprroadshop.com/products/driveway-sealer]seal repair" is good
thanks

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:30 am