discontinued interior paint
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
markwatson
Apprentice
Apprentice

discontinued interior paint

by markwatson » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:16 pm

I need to touch up a small area on my landing with a paint called fennel matt emulsion from focus. I don't want to do the whole area as it is the hall,stairs and landing and everywhere apart from this small area is ok. Any tips!! I've tried numerous tester pots in a similar green but no joy.
Thanks

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:45 am

Hi mark, the chances of it matching exactly are pretty slim if it's been on the walls for any length of time, even if you get the exact same colour. You could always go back to Focus and see if they can match it up from their paint matching system. Personally if you don't want to go to the trouble of doing it all again I would get them to match it as best they can then repaint that one wall. Good luck.

markwatson
Apprentice
Apprentice

by markwatson » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:05 am

thanks for that shedman,
I will go back to focus and ask as you mentioned, the only thing is, will they know what fennel look's like!!.
The idea of painting just the one wall is a good one.
thanks again

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi mark, try scraping a small piece of the paint from the bottom corner of the wall and take that in with you and ask them to match it up. Good luck.

paul the paint
Labourer
Labourer

by paul the paint » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:58 pm

if you have any of the original paint left give a piece of plain white paper a couple of coats and take it to a "Crown Decorating Centre" there should be one near you and ask them to match it, they can match virtualy any colour and will give you a test pot to try out.

Amanda M
Labourer
Labourer

by Amanda M » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi, you could try Ebay, I've found my discontinued Dulux paint there.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:49 am