I cant hang my curtain pole
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
everton
Labourer
Labourer

I cant hang my curtain pole

by everton » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:23 pm

I am having a problem hanging a curtain pole above my window ionly have to drill an inch and i hit metal or concrete i thought of a baten bit if i cant drill in to the wall how am i going to hang a baten :?:

Dan the man
Ganger
Ganger

by Dan the man » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:21 pm

You could battern it, use no nails, I'm sure you can get at least a couple of screws and plugs to secure it??

page6159
Apprentice
Apprentice

by page6159 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:37 pm

That is because you are most probably trying to drill into the lintel above the opening. Fix a piece of timber to the wall above the window with a strong adhesive. no more nails etc. Paint it to match the room then fix your curtain pole to it.
So put the drill away and get sticking!

Curtie
Labourer
Labourer

Re: I cant hang my curtain pole

by Curtie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:23 am

everton wrote:I am having a problem hanging a curtain pole above my window ionly have to drill an inch and i hit metal or concrete i thought of a baten bit if i cant drill in to the wall how am i going to hang a baten :?:

I'm sure that's because you're trying to drill into the lintel above the opening. I would suggest that you use a strong adhesive and fix a piece of timber to the wall above the window.It's so unfortunate that most of these curtain dealers doesn't provide necessary support nor specifications for dealing with this hassle.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:36 pm