Plastering large area
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
barneyroo
Labourer
Labourer

Plastering large area

by barneyroo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:16 pm

I have just plastered my first few walls which turned out well, my next wall is much bigger (hallway, stairs and landing) it is all 1 wall but it is a huge area and I will not be able to do it all in one go before the paster has gone off, can anyone tell me if there is a way I can do half of it and the other half later?

thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:39 pm

barneyroo,
Plaster as much as you are comfortable with but leave a rough edge and feather this down. Work into this feathered edge when you do the next bit but make sure the edge is wet. worst case is you will have to sand the join once it is dry.
end

30yearsinthegame
Tradesman
Tradesman

by 30yearsinthegame » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:08 am

or you could 3 coat which will give you loads of time, look better, must be better than any other way. tip > if you need to 3 coat and you need to add a bead then 1st coat with out bead, theen add bead (ie put bead up wet with 2nd coat) then top with a 3rd. if you make sure your prep is all done, keep it clean and tidy, dont panic. 3 coats will be great for you .....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:18 am