Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen Sink - Filling up

by inissor » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi

I have water emerging into my Kitchen sink - Sometimes fills 3/4 of the bowl

*live in a flat on the top floor of a purpose built - 7 flats per floor
*Had a new kitchen installed 3yrs ago no issues since then
*the water coming up thru the kitchen sink is warm plus food particulars or cold & smells like washing machine
*i don't use my washing machine (lazy-Laudry!)
*don't have D/Washer

When the sink is full, i've undone the U bend pipe and released all the water (full bucket) - the U Bend is clean no waste in it

Sometimes the water will drain away or sit for approx 2hrs then drain away??

I have tried crystal soda plus water and its not draining as normal

I don't think i have a blockage but could a neighbour have installed a washing/dish washing machine and put the waste into my pipes????

i'm a little confused and would appreciate your help - please ask any qauestion that may help

Thanks

andy01
Ganger
Ganger

by andy01 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:01 pm

it may be possible that you and your neighbour drain into the same 100mm pipe, and its this pipe which is blocked? ask your neighbours if they have the same problem. contact who ever looks after the building maintance and get them to look at the downpipes you drain into

Mr Makeshift
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Mr Makeshift » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Pretty much agree with Andy. Flats don't normally share the same small bore pipe work (I've not seen any that do!) but they do normally connect into the same communal stack. There must be a problem with this somewhere down the line and your getting a surge back from one of your neighbours whenever they are using the kitchen as it's not draining away quick enough.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:03 am