All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rastanking
Tradesman
Tradesman

Fixing a bath to a wall

by Rastanking » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just removed the old shower unit from my bathroom and replaced it with a bath, however there is some wobble with the bath and I was wondering how to fix it to the wall. I have seen some solutions of using batons or, in one case, drilling through the acrylic lip and securing it that way.

Can anyone advise me as to which is the best method or is there another way?

Thanks in advance

Dave From Leeds
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Fixing a bath to a wall

by Dave From Leeds » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:48 am

Hi there,

I have just fitted an acrylic bath too. Mine came with two right angled brackets, the idea being to fix these to the wooden batons under the side lip of the bath ~ 6 to 8 inches from each end then fix these to the wall. In addition, to reduce the "wobble" beforehand, I fixed some wooden blocks to the floor for the adjustable feet of the bath to sit on in order to reduce the amount of threaded bar between the feet and the support frames for the bath.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Rastanking
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Fixing a bath to a wall

by Rastanking » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Mine didn't come with any fixings, probably because it was supposed to be a freestanding bath, however I have fixed a baton to the wall with a 'trench' running down the length of it that accommodates the lip of the bath, that seems to have solved the problem.

Andy

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:06 pm