attaching corrogated plastic to a greenhouse
Post your questions and find answers on all garden related topics and areas

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sandy slade
Apprentice
Apprentice

attaching corrogated plastic to a greenhouse

by sandy slade » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Has anyone got any advise for me on how to attach corrogated plastic on to a metal greenhouse frame please. I brought a 7ft x 5ft greenhouse in May this year and the price they charged was cheap for the size but I soon found out that it was the thinist plastic cover ever made and that is where the money had been saved. I did complain but to no avail. The first winds tore it and since then I have been trying to repair it. I have come to the conclusion that the frame is sound so I would like to use it and attach proper corrogated plastic to it. So far I have not found any information on any site as to the best way to do it . Would it be stronger if I used one big piece of corrogated plastic or 3 seperate pieces for each side and the roof.?. Any hints or tips greatly appreciated.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: attaching corrogated plastic to a greenhouse

by stoneyboy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:02 pm

sandy slade,
Your best option would be to fit twin walled roofing sheets and fix these to the metal frame using either hook bolts or stainless self tapping screws.
end

sandy slade
Apprentice
Apprentice

by sandy slade » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:43 pm

Thank you for the advice Will it be stronger in one piece or as seperate panels?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:08 pm

sandy slade,
My preference would be for one piece but this may lead to a lot of waste. If there are intermediate roof bars you could use a narrower sheet and use a joiner section.
end

sandy slade
Apprentice
Apprentice

by sandy slade » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Thank you Stoneyboy.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:33 am