Baxi solo 3 pfl 40
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
baz7
Labourer
Labourer

Baxi solo 3 pfl 40

Post by baz7 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:32 pm

From cold the boiler fires up and gets the rads to temperature, it then shuts down and does not fire up till the rads cool down approx 1/2hr then fires up again for 15 mins to warm rads up again,continues doing this all the time.
have had an engineer out buts seems a bit lost
there is no room thermostat in the system just rad thermostats all fully open
have changed the pcb as advised but the same problem still exists with the new pcb
any ideas please

Dick Puller
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Baxi solo 3 pfl 40

Post by Dick Puller » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:16 pm

A bit drastic changing a PCB for a problem like that!!! OK, what about the boiler thermostat/thermistor has that been checked?? Has the system circulation been checked, is there enough flow through the boiler? Is there a circulation pump gate valve partly closed?
Sorry, it's not a boiler I have a great deal of knowledge on, but they're all quite basic.
HTH

baz7
Labourer
Labourer

Post by baz7 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi there Dick
thanks for your reply,i changed the pcb on the advice of a heating engineer,
Ive changed the thermister but not the thermostat also ive not checked the flow as a bit unsure how to do this, but the pump is on speed setting 2 and ive tried it on speed setting 3 and the problem still exists,but im going to change the thermostat next. I would have thought that the flow was ok if the radiators were getting up to temperature (is that right or wrong)
any comments appreciated please
thanks Baz7

Davec47
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Davec47 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi baz7, I know it been a while since you had the problem with your boiler ,but i'm just wondering if you got it sorted as i have got the exact same problem,any help would be appreciated.Thanks

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1