High Water Pressure Affecting my Electric Shower - What are my Options?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ollybatz
Labourer
Labourer

High Water Pressure Affecting my Electric Shower - What are my Options?

by ollybatz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:55 pm

The water pressure coming into my house seems too high for my electric shower. I have an Aqualisa Quartz Electric 9.5kW electric shower.

In there past I have used the warranty on the shower to replace it. I always thought the electric shower was faulty.

But...

Recently, there was a leak outside on my neighbours outside tap which reduced the pressure slightly and my shower was working perfectly. It was fixed and now my shower is struggling again. I have to have it on full heat and sometimes turn the bath cold tap on to reduce the pressure going into it.

What are my options? Do I have to get a more powerful shower to handle the pressure or do I need to get something fitted to the inlet pipe to the shower to reduce the pressure?

Any help will be much appreciated. I'm a bit of a shower connoisseur and want my nice showers back.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: High Water Pressure Affecting my Electric Shower - What are my Options?

by plumbbob » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Well, this is a new one on me. Normally it's the reverse problem and people are struggling with low pressure.

It would be interesting to know exactly what pressure you have. Has it ever been tested?

In the meantime, reduce the flow by closing the main incoming stop tap then open it by about a half turn. Test and see if the shower works better.

Gas Care
Labourer
Labourer

by Gas Care » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:30 pm

You could put a pressure reducing valve on the cold feeding the shower.

We fit them all the time as a lot of shower manufactures ask for them theses days.

Hope this helps

everson
Labourer
Labourer

by everson » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:09 pm

New to the forum, can i ask what was the actual issue happening to your shower from this high pressure?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:12 am