Advice on Repairing Cracks in External Brickwork that is Leading to Water Ingress in Conservatory
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rmiller
Labourer
Labourer

Advice on Repairing Cracks in External Brickwork that is Leading to Water Ingress in Conservatory

by rmiller » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:35 am

We've got a leaking conservatory and believe the issue lies with the render/wall above each corner - see photos. the cracks are most prevalent where the render meets the leading.

I am planning to get a builder in to do a comprehensive repair on this and some other exterior cracks that we have in our render, plus re-render an area above the conservatory where we previous had leading but this was replaced when the conservatory roof was replaced.

In the meantime i'd like to do something to prevent the water coming through into the conservatory. I'm fairly novice at DIY but can get access to the areas needed. Just wanted to get some advice on the best way to make the wall waterproof. Is it just a question of putting some type of sealant over the affected areas?

I need something that will last a min of 2-3 months by which time we should have found a builder and scheduled the work in.

Any advice gratefully received.

diydoctor6
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Advice on Repairing Cracks in External Brickwork that is Leading to Water Ingress in Conservatory

by diydoctor6 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:12 am

It's a little hard to see, but it look like there is a little movement which is causing the cracks.

As a short term fix, you can use a clear silicon like this one: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-supers ... 310ml-450/

If you need to find a suitable builder in your area you can look here: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find-tradesmen/

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:51 am