Stupid me, I've Used Zinsser BIN to Spot Prime
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

cherryb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Stupid me, I've Used Zinsser BIN to Spot Prime

by cherryb » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:49 pm

I hope someone can help! I'm preparing to paint bedroom walls and thought I was doing a great job but I'm worried I've messed it up. I've filled a few little holes and gaps with filler/caulk. Usually I would lightly brush over these filled patches with emulsion before doing two full coats of emulsion on the whole wall, as I know sometimes emulsion takes to the filler differently to how it takes to the rest of the wall. But today I thought I was being really clever by spot-priming the filled patches with Zinsser BIN - because I had the tin open and I thought it would prep the filled patches perfectly ready for painting. Now I think I made a big mistake using the Zinsser as apparently spot-priming can 'flash' through the top coats of emulsion. What should I do next? Lightly sand down the Zinsser primed patches? Sand it off completely? Or will I get away with doing a few coats of emulsion over the patches (using a mini roller) before painting the whole wall? The last thing I want is to do 2 coats on the whole wall and find that is flashing and then having to prime the whole wall. And it's actually various patches all around the room so not just one wall!

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:08 am