All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paobrien
Labourer
Labourer

Replace Existing Radiator With new Bigger Radiator

by paobrien » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi,

I would like to replace an exiting radiator in one of the rooms in my house (see photo). I am going to put a bigger radiator in its place which will be almost the same width but will be a column radiator.

The existing radiator has isolation valves on both feed and return pipes so I can isolate the radiator without draining the system. The pipes supplying the radiator are all copper.

The question I have is can I use a flexible metal connector hose on both pipes which will connect directly to the isolator valves?

The current pipes feeding the radiator from the isolator valves are copper and the new radiator will probably be slightly wider than the existing one so I can't be bothered with soldering new copper pipes to fit.

I realise this will be a little unsightly but in terms of saving time and doing it myself I just wondered if any of you foresee any problems with doing it this way.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Attachments
Radiator SM.jpeg
Radiator SM.jpeg (36.68 KiB) Viewed 1936 times

aethelwulf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Replace Existing Radiator With new Bigger Radiator

by aethelwulf » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:53 pm

I presume you mean the type used in plumbing sinks etc.? Would look strange yes but if joint are good would be watertight I cannot see problems as the water is the same temperature in a hot tap normally. I would do it if it suited my requirements. No laws being broken , amazing eh?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:25 pm