heating eng
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bazza
Ganger
Ganger

heating eng

by bazza » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:38 am

hi mate just got the service manual for for the baxi 105e n it says the max capacity of the ch system is 80ltr so am i right in thinkin if i fit a 10 ltr external vessel with a vol. of 10.9 it wud allow for 100 ltrs of ch system capacity therefor wud b sufficiant enough to cure the problemTHANX for any advise bazza ps to answer the question from your last post yes all the rads heat up no probs until the pressure gauge flies up to 3 bar ah ah

humperdink
Tradesman
Tradesman

by humperdink » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:00 pm

you really should try recharging the expansion vessel, & if you have found the servicing manual it will mention it in there, normally as part of a yearly maintainance check

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

by bazza » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:08 pm

hi humperdink THANX 4 advise the reason i am interested in a external vessel is the boiler is in a airin cupboard in bedroom n there isnt enough headroom to get to the shrader valve on vessel n test it so i wud have to remove the boiler completely so the external vessel just seems the easiest option bazza

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:18 pm

Check the pressure vessel first, push the pressurising valve with your finger to see if full of air or water, if it's water then the diaphragm has split and you definately need a new vessel.

If it's water you can try re-pressurising it, open the pressure relief valve and re-pressurise using a footpump.

As for the replacement pressure vessel, it should be the same capacity as the one on the boiler, it should tell you in the specifications of the boiler.. You need to tee into the heating return pipe as close to the boiler as possible.

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

by bazza » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:01 pm

CHEERS htg engineer advise much appreciated bazza

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:15 am

Check the pressure vessel first, push the pressurising valve with your finger to see if full of air or water, if it's water then the diaphragm has split and you definately need a new vessel.

If it's AIR you can try re-pressurising it, open the pressure relief valve and re-pressurise using a footpump.

As for the replacement pressure vessel, it should be the same capacity as the one on the boiler, it should tell you in the specifications of the boiler.. You need to tee into the heating return pipe as close to the boiler as possible.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1