Fixing very visible old lining paper seams?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Airsick
Labourer
Labourer

Fixing very visible old lining paper seams?

by Airsick » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:48 pm

Hello all,

New to the arts of decorating but doing my best to study up and learn.

Faced with several walls with dozens of highly visible lining paper seams (painted already), some of which are protruding but appear upon tapping to be firmly attached still, others are audibly separated from the walls and i'd estimate protrude 2-3 mm, though are still attached to eachother, but can hear the air under when tapping.

My question is whether you would bother repairing these seams in a similar manner to how you would repair wallpaper by snipping and getting some adhesive underneath? Perhaps with less muscle as they are painted? Or is it best to scrape the peeling portions only them and re-seal and fill / feather over the exposed portions? Alternatively is it best to just strip the lot and start again?

I'd perhaps stress other than the joints the paper seems "reasonably" well preserved. To my knowledge they have been done straight over a mixture of plasterboard, and plaster work depending on the wall.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Fixing very visible old lining paper seams?

by stoneyboy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi airsick
Unless you are looking for a challenging task suggest you get a syringe and inject paste under the loose areas to restock them.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:22 am