connecting toilet in static caravan to mains
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
deb1
Labourer
Labourer

connecting toilet in static caravan to mains

by deb1 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:21 pm

Hi, we are moving into a static caravan on some of our land (next to our house which we are currently renting out.) We want to know what needs to be done, rough idea of cost and also what are the legal requirements ie, do we need to get it checked and approved by environment agency etc.. We need to connect the toilet to the sewers and also to get rid of our waste water. We are not sure how long we are going to be living in the caravan as we are in the process of selling the land as a building plot. We are not sure how long this will take so is it worth going to all this trouble?!! However we have two young children so we want to be as clean as possible! :D

Debs

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:13 pm

This is a challenge…..

Ok first you need a drain putting in; from he drains from the main house drains to your caravan.

Then you would need soil pipe putting in and the connections to your waste pipes.

Now how to price it.

Drains are about £100 per foot to install.

I would say about £100 for the soil stack and the plumbing parts.

I think it would be classed has an extension to a drain system, so there would be no need to report it.

But have a word with your local town hall building inspector before you start.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:27 pm

Position caravan over existing manhole, i'm sure you can get manhole covers that will allow access with a 110mm soil pipe and will also keep the seal so no smell or hygiene problem.

You will find this is what porta cabins etc have on building sites etc.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:40 am