Underfloor electic heating installation query
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gfrdl
Labourer
Labourer

Underfloor electic heating installation query

by gfrdl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:14 pm

I am having a new conservatory built and am intending having electric underfloor electric heating.
My builder has described the electric heating pads (not sure what system yet) being installated as being on top of 100mm of insulation covered by the concrete base which is then tiled.

Is it advisable to install in this way for a new build?

Most of the commercial websites describe the installation of systems into existing rooms so the insulation goes on top of the existing concrete base followed by the electric pads then the tiles

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:01 pm

I hope you have plenty of money to run your electric underfloor heating. Has it been explained to you that this will only provide back ground heat and not full heating. Better option is to use a Trianco or similar air to water heat pump with a traditional wet underfloor heating system. This will give a heated floor in winter at a very, very economical cost and can then be reversed in the summer to give a chilled floor to provide a cool haven on a hot summers day. Check out the web site.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:34 am