Page 1 of 1

Hinges for wardrobe to replace sliding door

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:23 am
by JohnSeers

I have a built in wardrobe and up near the ceiling there is a storage space with a sliding door that sticks and is difficult to open. I want to replace it with a hinge that rotates up and holds the door in place where you postion it. I cannot find suitable hinges. I would like some advice on what is available and what to look for. Can anyone point me at somewhere to buy them?

I am uncertain on what to buy and I am guessing they are called either torque hinges or friction hinges or something like that. I can find small ones (e.g. for laptops, small boxes etc) but nothing larger or suitable for what I want.

The door is about 90 by 60 cm and weighs perhaps 4/5kg or so.

Re: Hinges for wardrobe to replace sliding door

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:53 pm
by stoneyboy
Hi johnseers,
If you search for spring loaded hinges for top hinged doors you should find what you want. ... 543564.jpg.
Regards S