Min distance between balanced flue and cooker hood vent.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
phizbgassed
Labourer
Labourer

Min distance between balanced flue and cooker hood vent.

by phizbgassed » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi,

I'm fitting a new kitchen and working round an existing boiler with a balanced flue. I would like to fit a cooker hood and have it extracting rather than re-circulating.

The cooker is located against a party wall about 1500mm from the outside wall. The boiler is located next to the ouside wall with the balanced flue above it.

The possible locations for the hood vent are limited by the position of the boiler, flue, window, lintels etc.

I seem to be restricted to an area of wall, 150mm wide by 360mm high between the top of the balanced flue and the ceiling.

Is the vent too close to the balanced flue?

If it is then how far away should it?

Can I work round this by extending the ducting upwards on the outside wall so that it is far enough away?

--
many thanks
Phil

Oliver_murphy
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Oliver_murphy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:53 pm

The general rule of thumb for vents/air bricks is a 300mm distance to the outer wall of the flue. Although you cannot adjust the flue itself, unles the manufacter provides a "Plume Managment Kit" you can set the vent for the hood away, aslong as its a min of 300mm.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1