Sash windows and secondary glazing
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Beckface
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sash windows and secondary glazing

by Beckface » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:25 pm

Can anyone recommend a type of secondary glazing that is suitable for vertical sash windows?

I've looked at the type of glazing that sticks to the window frame, but if we attach that to the top sash the window will no longer be able to slide open.

Has anyone had success with another type of secondary glazing? Was thinking magnetic, but then the metal tape might be too thick and I'll have the same problem as above.

Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Sash windows and secondary glazing

by stoneyboy » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:46 pm

Hi beckface,
Go for secondary glazing that fits the frame rather than the window itself. There are lots of options - horizontal or vertical sliding or hinged, you can also buy kits to make them yourself.
Regards S

Beckface
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Beckface » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:15 am

Thanks for replying. Sorry, bit confused, do you mean get a single piece that fits the window casing, rather than the two sliding pieces? I haven't seen any like that but will have a look.

I think two separate pieces that fit each of the sliding panel would look nicer, but as I said in the post I haven't found any that would allow me to open the window without taking off the glazing.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:31 pm

Hi beckface,
If you search on line for “secondary double glazing” you should find companies offering the different types. From your reply a unit with vertical sliding panes to match the sash size would seem to fit the bill.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:36 am