Dishwasher installation + kitchen unit space
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

fapoo
Labourer
Labourer

Dishwasher installation + kitchen unit space

by fapoo » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:07 pm

Hello all,

I'm having difficulty understanding what I need to have happen to have a dishwasher installed at my house for the first time ever

It was a new build 10 years ago and we were told we have space for a dishwasher if we wish, next to the sink with an electrical socket behind on the wall.

I bought a freestanding 60cm bosch FREESTANDING dishwasher thinking the installation team might make the space for the dishwasher, upon arrival they looked at the space and said it was for an integrated dishwasher. no worries, my local plumber said in the past he could do the joinery to get it fitted, but he's now casting doubt because the space once the kitchen unit panelling is removed from either side leaves exactly 60cm. If you don't remove the side unit panelling then a slimline version fits fine.

I'm wondering do I need to purchase a integrated machine as the appliance delivery team suggested, can the space be made for a freestanding 60cm dishwasher? If I get an integrated version or an integrated slimline version will they use my current kitchen unit door, is that how it works?

I'm confused as to what type of appliance I need for the space I have. Ideally I want a full size dishwasher but is that possible?

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:35 pm