mouse pointer getting lost off the screen
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Skids
Ganger
Ganger

mouse pointer getting lost off the screen

by Skids » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi all,

Can someone stop me going mad ~ I got a new comp and screen (LG flat one) a while ago and the mouse pointer has this annoying habit of getting lost, if I bounce the pointer to the edge of the screen I see it on the top, can just see it on the bottom and right hand side, and the top ½ of the left side, ~ however on the bottom ½ of the left hand side the pointer disappears, as when you move the mouse on the desk its as if there is a another section of the screen out there.

Any ideas please on how to keep the pointer in screen

Regards

Skids

mkuner
Labourer
Labourer

by mkuner » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi Skids,

Just a couple of thoughts really.

Did your monitor and mouse come with any drivers on CD/DVD? If they did then install them first of all. If not, then go to the website of each manufacturer's product and look for their latest drivers, by searching your model numbers, then install them.

That may resolve the problem. Alternatively, go to Control Panel and then Mouse, and check your settings in there.

Finally, make sure your system doesn't think you have 2 monitors, by right-clicking on the desktop and going to Properties for the display. Check under there that it doesn't think you have 2 monitors and just the one.

HTH

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:21 pm