Energy efficiency calculations for loft conversion.
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fmck
Apprentice
Apprentice

Energy efficiency calculations for loft conversion.

by fmck » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:17 pm

I plan to do a simple loft conversion. Its a 50,s semi detached bungalow and structure wise I dont see a problem but I think I will need energy efficiency calcs for our local council (North Ayrshire, Scotland). :?

Does anyone on here have any good links to learning how to go about these. I had hoped to use 100mm Kingspan but worried about the cold bridge on the rafters.

I want to do my own drawings as I have experience of drawings being a construction engineer but this stuff is new to me.

Cheers for any help and advice.

Les Ryder
Labourer
Labourer

by Les Ryder » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:37 am

Its not likely that you will need thermal calculations for a loft conversion unless you are planning a considerable amount of glazing .

Have a look at my website plan2extend.co.uk - navigate to the portfolio section and there is about 5 loft conversions there together with the project plans, you may be able to print them off to give you an idea of the information required to obtain Building Regulation Approval.

Hope this helps

Les

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:32 pm