2 Switch Ceiling Light Fitting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rrttofficer
Labourer
Labourer

2 Switch Ceiling Light Fitting

by rrttofficer » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:07 pm

Hi all,
Just bought a ceiling fitting (flush mounted) for the kitchen to replace a pendant light fitting. The wiring for the light is operated by a 2 switch configuration. I've opened the box to find that the new light fitting only has the standard 3 terminal block arrangement inside it.
How do I wire into the new light fitting from a 2 switch wired ceiling rose please?
Thanks.
PS. Apologise if my terminology is incorrect - I'm an amatuer!

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: 2 Switch Ceiling Light Fitting

by Mr White » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:43 pm

It is very common for "modern light fittings" to have too little space to allow for all the existing cables to be connected to the light, I can only suggest you use a wago box and connectors to solve the problem.

It is not possible to be too specific as it is not possible to see what you have from this end of a computer, to that ends I can only suggest you get a competent person to do the job for you.

JohnD63
Labourer
Labourer

Re: 2 Switch Ceiling Light Fitting

by JohnD63 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:44 pm

I'm guessing you meant two way switch! Anyway what you should normally have is a loop in system for the lights. which means a live and neutral in and a live and neutral out (unless it an end of line which means a live and neutral in.) the two lives go together and the two neutrals go together.
You should have a two core cable coming from the switch. One end will be connected to the live at the ceiling box (switch supply) and the other cable will be connected directly to the light (switch line).

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 01, 2024 2:24 am