2006 kitchen extension on terraced house
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

AndyBComp
Labourer
Labourer

2006 kitchen extension on terraced house

by AndyBComp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:32 am

I'm in the final stages of buying a house and my solicitor has asked the vendor for the planning permissions for the kitchen extension. They did the extension via a building notice with the council but my surveyor said its likely they would have needed proper planning permission. They do have the paperwork from the building reg results which is all fine, its the initial permission thats in question. Ive been doing a little bit of research on the new rules (after 2008) but cant find much pre-2008.

If you could please Google "robinjones.co.uk/search/" and put 130k-150k with 3 bedrooms as your criteria its on the second page on longfellow road for £147,500 (the one with the white stone double bay). Sorry i cant directly link it, that site wont let me!

Please let me know if the kitchen extension (pic of kitchen and pic of dining table as thats all one extension) would have need planning permission, also what could the council do now if someone complained and what other implications there are.

Many thanks. Sorry if this is a stupid question, im just not all that familiar with building regs/permissions!

-Andy