Advice on bodging up temporary cheap powerful air extraction in a window frame
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
James3232
Labourer
Labourer

Advice on bodging up temporary cheap powerful air extraction in a window frame

by James3232 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi, would appreciate some help. Last year I had an invasion of carpet beetle, they fly indoors and lay larvae in the carpet, the larvae are little caterpillars have irritating spines. I'm highly allergic to these caterpillars. They are all gone but I'm still having problems with allergies in my bedroom.

I'm quite cluttered and I don't touch anything for fear of creating dust. I have good quality air purifiers but they don't work quick enough.

I want to clear out the room and clean it without traipsing belongings through the flat that might be contaminated.

I've had the idea to rig up some strong extraction to inject air from the bedroom while I'm cleaning it.

Question.

What would be the easiest way to create a seal for the window frame that I can attach a fan to or just closing off for a powerful freestanding fan.

I'm slightly disabled in one of my arms some looking for the easiest way to do the job.

I'm thinking of, either pointing an 18 inch height velocity fan blowing out the window, or get a more expensive cased axial fan. I'm thinking of a fan between 3000 and 6000 m3/h.

Will static pressure be an issue sucking air through the flat?

Thank you

Included picture window frame
Attachments
IMG-0923 smaller.jpg

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Advice on bodging up temporary cheap powerful air extraction in a window frame

by ericmark » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:16 pm

Most portable air conditioning units come with bits to seal them to a window, likely you can buy these bits so easy to fit to window.

I did find my cheap Lidi AC was not that good of a fit, and also there was the security issue, so I make a blank for fire place, so AC exhaust went up the chimney, it clearly alters make to make, and wrong time of year to find cheap AC units, but I am sure if you shop around you will find some where that can provide you with the AC sealing plates.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1