Advice on Putting Access Port(s) in Laminate Floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
cerebros
Labourer
Labourer

Advice on Putting Access Port(s) in Laminate Floor

Post by cerebros » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi everyone,

First post here.

So, to start off, I'm quite a DIY newbie, so the answer to this will probably be completely obvious to established members here.

I'm shortly going to be laying the laminate floor in my lounge. As part of the work that's already been done, my electrician cut access ports through the floorboards in two parts of the room. In case either I or other tradesmen need to get back under the floor at some point in the future, I'm wanting to make sure I can still access these without ripping up the laminate

This is where we run into the vary small limits of my DIY knowledge as I'm not sure what the best way is to go about cutting the laminate and securing it to the opened boards underneath, nor what I'm best off using to help lift the hatches up.

needless to say, I've tried googling this but I can't seem to find anything other than generic guides on laying laminate,nothing that covers what I want to do.

This is the access port in one corner

And this is the other

* I should note that the electrician only cut three boards to get underneath... Unfortunately I'm a bit bigger than him so I've had to open up four boards so I can get underneath (don't appear to have any photos since I've done that though)

can anyone give me some advice or point me to a good information resource?

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:59 pm