Aqualisa Aquastream - loud pump noise
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
coralseeker
Labourer
Labourer

Aqualisa Aquastream - loud pump noise

Post by coralseeker » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Folks, the shower is working fine from a water dispensing viewpoint but the pump makes a very loud noise. I removed the actual shower head to check for blockages but no joy.
any suggestions what I might be able to check?
Thanks

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:28 pm

With the power turned off, I would remove the front cover and examine the pump for any signs of leaks. A loud noise is often a symptom of water leaking from the pump into and causing the motor bearings to fail.

Of course, this is just an educated guess, because other problems such as airlocks or simply loose parts can cause excessive noise.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:04 am

only 4 things it can be:

1) there's air in the pump - bleed it as per manufacturer's instructions supplied and check plumbing to ensure that it has it's own dedicated feed from hot water cylinder and cold water storage tank. check all joints to see where air is getting in.

2) the pump is knackered.

3) it is not on a solid base and it's vibration causing the noise - though most pumps are fitted with rubber dampers to minimise this.

4) it's just a noisy pump - some of them do make a bit of a racket.

you don't say whether you've just installed the pump and discovered this problem on commissioning or whether it's been installed for a while and this problem has just become apparent.

if just commissioned then most likely to be 1,3 or 4 if a problem developed with a pump that's been installed for a while then it's most likely 1 or 2.

coralseeker
Labourer
Labourer

Post by coralseeker » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks

The pump is there about 8 years-pressure wise it is as strong as it ever was. Just the noise is incredibly loud

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:39 pm

8 years old - just started making this noise now - if no air in it then sounds like it's knackered mate, probably time for a nice new one :)

kwesh
Labourer
Labourer

Post by kwesh » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:38 am

Hello, I have the same shower, and have had used it for quite a while. It had been noisy for a while but I ignored the fact it was gettin louder in recent years as it had always been pretty loud. But now when I turn it on I don't seem to be getting any pressure and water seems to be dribbling out. There's no sound either, could this be the pump?
Any help would be appreciated

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:03 pm

almost certainly is the pump - try bleeding it first and see if this does the trick. if you no longer have the manual for your pump then see if you can find it online, some manufacturers have downloadable manuals.

if it's been running for a while with air in it then you may have burnt it out - might be time for a new one.

thedoctor

Re: Aqualisa Aquastream - loud pump noise

Post by thedoctor » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:29 am

We are fully aware this is a very old post for those who would wish to remind us, but it is also one of the most popular on the website and visited by hundreds of people every day. Since it was originally posted we have added loads of pages abour showers to our projects section where many of the answers can be found. Go take a look https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/alphasearch/S.htm

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:52 pm