Are combi boilers any good.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Phil
Labourer
Labourer

Are combi boilers any good.

by Phil » Tue May 22, 2007 2:45 pm

Our central heating system is about 30 years old and i have decided to upgrade it.
We presently have a gas conventional system (copper and expansion tank ect) and i am considering replacing it with a combi boiler complete with new rads.
Having never had a combi boiler i don't know what they are like. I am thinking of going for a "Bosch Worcester" as i have heard they are the most effecient.
I understand the basic difference between the types but it is said that the combi boiler will only provide hot water (when say filling the bath) but not hot and cold together.
Whilst on the subject are there any heating engineers out there that would like to do a quote for installing a combi system. I live in Wincanton, Somerset.
Phil

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue May 22, 2007 6:39 pm

With combi's you can use hot and cold taps together, you only get problems on older boilers where the diverter valve diaphragm has become stretched. Condensing Combi boilers have to be fitted now by law, as they are energy efficient. Combi boilers are good if installed correctly will last for many years. Worcester Bosch are expensive for parts, i'd recommend a Baxi or potterton.

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

reply for phil

by bazza » Tue May 22, 2007 6:44 pm

hi phil if going for new boiler and rads id reccomend a condensing boiler which are the most effecient but either boiler is capable of running hot and cold water at same time

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1