I ended up smashing a medium sized hole in the plasterboard wall in my room earlier yesterday. Now I didn't use any protection whilst tearing out the various bits and then using polyfiler to close out the hole. I'm guessing I didn't expose myself to anything other than just some dust? There's no asbestos in these plasterboards?
I've been told modern plasterboards should not have any asbestos, however where I live I think was built around the 1960s. That's around the time when they still use to use asbestos in building materials, walls etc...?