Attaching wood panel onto plasterboard issue
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Chris_M
Labourer
Labourer

Attaching wood panel onto plasterboard issue

by Chris_M » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:35 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice.
My Mum had some bespoke under stair drawer storage fitted recently. The first time they came to fit it, it was not measured correctly and it ran all the way up in a slant. I'm still amazed that they carried on installing it even though they knew it was completely off.
I wasn't there while it was being fitted but after seeing the mess they made I contacted them to tell them to come out and sort it out.
They came back out to sort it out and had to end up taking the whole lot out, taking it away to make adjustments and brought it back to fit it.
They were struggling with attaching the bottom triangle panel onto the plasterboard and did manage to get it to stick and also used a nail gun damaging the surface, however as soon as they left it has started to pop out and is not flush like the rest. It is very noticeable. I think the spacers they have used at the back of it are too thick causing it to stick out. I contacted them yet again and they have not got back to me and appear to be ignoring my texts and calls. I'm so angry. A lot of money has been paid too.
I am just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to sort this out. I'm wondering whether to take it off myself and try to attach it with Gorilla grab adhesive possibly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Attaching wood panel onto plasterboard issue

by stoneyboy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi chris_m
If they had trouble attaching the board it’s likely you will face the same issues. Best to wait till they return and sort it out.
7S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 01, 2024 2:31 am