Bathroom Extractor Fan Tripping
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cadams
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom Extractor Fan Tripping

by cadams » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Hello,

I've got an extractor fan in my bathroom that can come on when the light is put on. I recently loft panelled my loft, directly above the bathroom and I lifted and moved the extractor fan's piping in the loft and the built up condensation came down the instulation pipe and dripped through the fan in the bathroom. When I put the light on, yes that's right, the fan tripped the electrics. I went up in the loft and removed the insulated pipe from the fan and put a towel around the end so as to gather up all the excess water that was dripping out the end. This was over a week ago and I put the fan on again yesterday and, yes that's right, the fan tripped the electrics again.

What my question is whether I have knackered the fan or whether I should turn off the electrics and have a look in the fan to see if there is any built up water gathered which is tripping the electrics.

I've used this site a few times all of which have answered the questions that I had without posted a topic. I couldn't find a particalr thread that answers this question though.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Great site, keep up the good work.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:32 pm

You will have moisture inside the fan this will have entered the terminals and that is your problem. It needs to be isolated and the connection dried.
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:25 am