Baxi Boiler Back Boiler Solenoid
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Cadman
Labourer
Labourer

Baxi Boiler Back Boiler Solenoid

by Cadman » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi

Suspect solenoid for gas to back boiler. Power to coil but valve not energising. No reading of continuity through coil. Obtained fire /boiler from ebay. This system has not been installed/fired although Baxi Bermuda 572 is very old model spares now obsolete. I was hoping that the solenoid on replacement was going to solve the problem. On checking the coil there is no reading across it. Does that mean I am stumped or is it possible I am missing something.

Any help/advice would be appreciated

ericmark

by ericmark » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:47 am

I think you have posted in wrong section and are more likely to get help in Central Heating & Air conditioning & ventilating section.
My understanding of a gas valve is the solenoid is operated by a thermal voltaic unit through some mineral insulated cable and the "Super Universal Thermocouple" as it is called by Screwfix is sold for around a £5 and is normally the problem.
I have also been told although this is electrical is should be changed by a Corgi or what ever the firm is called that replaces them registered personal.
So with exception of my boiler at home I have kept clear.
Eric

griffo
Apprentice
Apprentice

by griffo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:42 pm

You wont get a reading of continuity throught the coil, but you will get a resistance reading on the Ohms scale. I am not familiar with the baxi 572 do you mean 552?
Steve

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:24 pm