Bay window
Brickwork, drystone walling, render are a few subjects covered here. Click here to post questions and get answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jimmyfivebellies
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bay window

by jimmyfivebellies » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:13 pm

The bay window at the front of my Victorian terrace has suffered some movement over the years, although I don't think that recently. As such, the bay, which is constructed out of something like sandstone, has become lopsided. It is as if the front has dropped by several inches, leaving the sandstone blocks at the top and at the sides sloping diagonally down rather than being in the same plane as the top of the window. The whole house has been rendered with pebbledash, so I have no idea what the external brickwork of the house is like and if this has been affected by the movement. Is it possible to straighten out the bay to make it more aesthetically pleasing, or is it best just to leave it and avoid damaging the house further?

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:01 am