Bedroom damp next to bed, condensation or what?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Richard.Wainwright
Labourer
Labourer

Bedroom damp next to bed, condensation or what?

Post by Richard.Wainwright » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:19 pm

Hello,
I've had a small double bed built in my daughter's bedroom. It runs along the external wall side of the property onto the bulkhead above the stairs (its been a project to maximise space in her room). I've noticed that the bedding down the side if her bed by the wall is very cold and moist and I'm very concerned. The external wall is cold to touch and it's a solid wall with no cavity, we've not had any damp issues with this wall before, but we do have a condensation in the windows; one of which is at the end of her bed.
Is the bedding pulling damp through the wall or is this a condensation issue? And the big question, what is the solution please?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Bedroom damp next to bed, condensation or what?

Post by stoneyboy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Hi Richard.wainwright
If you do not have mould forming next to the bed or below it then you could cover the wall with insulated plasterboard.
Regards S

Richard.Wainwright
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Bedroom damp next to bed, condensation or what?

Post by Richard.Wainwright » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:05 pm

Hi, thank you for your reply. No signs of any and I've never had any issues previously. It's just now with bedding touching the wall, so I'm planning on placing a membrane against the wall such as what is used under laminate flooring and then building up the side of the bed with plywood, to form an thermal barrier.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 pm