Best Paint Product for Painting Worktops?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Phoebs47
Labourer
Labourer

Best Paint Product for Painting Worktops?

by Phoebs47 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:29 am

Hi all
First post here so apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong place.
Total long shot but does anyone know of any product I can use to paint my kitchen worktop?
We want to give our kitchen a refresh but can’t risk changing the worktop completely for risk of damaging the tiles.
Thank you

chaz57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Best Paint Product for Painting Worktops?

by chaz57 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:47 pm

Tricky one. you have to provide a key for any paint to grip on to laminate on surface . so if you cant replace the top. i would use a sander with really heavy duty sand paper then search for a primer or you could try PVA then use a primer then under coat and a Finnish of your choice ither satin or gloss but i do not think it would last on the surface of a work top with normal use the paint would get scratched etc if Me i would do the painting let it all dry then pay a visit to my local glazier buy a sheet of toughened glass 3 mm thick it should come with a bevel edge so to avoid cutting yourself , any good glazier will do this for you and it wont cost an arm and a leg take the measurements to them we have similar in our bed room after installing sets of chests of drawers

DaveyTed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Best Paint Product for Painting Worktops?

by DaveyTed » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:50 pm

Good advice in the previous post.
If you do decide to paint you should use a product on a work surface which is suitable for contact with food.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:05 am