Blocks/bricks between concrete fence posts
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
krimah
Labourer
Labourer

Blocks/bricks between concrete fence posts

by krimah » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:16 pm

Our fence deteriorated and has been removed. Rather than replace the feather edge boards, arris rails, and mortice brackets, I was looking at alternative options.

I am reluctant to dig out the concrete fence posts and thinking about using bricks/blocks to build a wall between the concrete fence posts. I have been on the lookout for a while for examples in the area, but have seen only 3 or 4 examples to date, all using bricks.

Further down the line, I would like to have a go at applying a sand and cement render to the wall as I need to learn the skills for future projects.

Q:
• What considerations should I make, i.e. should I use wall ties, what type of blocks should I use?

•Is the reason that I have seen so few examples because it's a bad idea?

•should I bite the bullet and dig out the fence posts (though 1, I imagine they offer good structural stability and 2, blocking up panels allows me to do one section at a time)?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Blocks/bricks between concrete fence posts

by stoneyboy » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:55 pm

Hi krimah,
You will need to form a foundation strip of a suitable depth for the height of wall between the posts.
If you will render the wall at a later date it's probably best to use at least 7kN concrete blocks.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:21 am