brick built garden shed
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rambo77
Ganger
Ganger

brick built garden shed

by rambo77 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:06 pm

hi,
imlooking to bulid a large garden shed/garage using block work and render approx 21ft x 10ft x 3m in height with a flat roof

could some one advise me the best ways about this i.e will i need to a double skin wall or will a single skin wall be suffient? also how far down would i need to go down with the foundations??

any help would be appreciated

thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:23 pm

rambo77,
If its a garage (or masonry walled 'shed') you will probably need planning permission.
Single or double skin will depend on how dry you want it inside.
Depth of foundations will depend on the soil conditions - soft soil or sand will need deeper foundations than bedrock.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:32 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:15 am